Master of Public Health (MPH) is multi-disciplinary professional degree awarded for studies in areas related to public health. The MPH degree focuses on public health practice, as opposed to research or teaching. It is one year as well as two years full-time programme.
- It is a level-IIb degree as per PMDC distribution of degrees.
- You can get into PhD in Public Health and PhD in Community Medicine after MPH (after 2 years MPH)
- After MPH, you usually get administrative posts in hospitals and field programmes i.e. WHO, UNICEF.
- You can get a teaching post in Medical institutes offering MPH.
- If you have done 1 year MPH, you cannot do a PhD.
- You need to gain a lot of experience, before securing any administrative post.
Master of Public Health programs are available throughout Pakistan as follows:
- NUMS Rawalpindi (National University of Medical Sciences)
- IPH Lahore (Institutes of Public Health)
- Armed Forces Post Graduate Medical Institute (AFPGMI)
- University of Lahore
- The University of Punjab (Not recognized with PMDC)
- Dow University of Health Sciences
- Baqai Medical University
- Institute of Public Health & Social Sciences Peshawar
- Kabir Institute of Public Health (Gandhara University) Peshawar
- Sarhad University Peshawar
- Institute of Public Health, Quetta
- Health services academy Islamabad
- Sarhad University Peshawar (Islamabad Campus)
No data available
Note: Some foreign universities are also offering online course(distant learning) for MPH, but there is no use of that because distance learning degrees are not recognized by PMDC.
Similar kind of Programs
Offered by Health Services Academy Islamabad:
Master of Science in Public Health (MsPH)
Extended Master of Science in Public Health
M.Sc in Health and Management economics (HEM)
Offered by the School of Public Health (Dow University of Health Sciences Karachi):
Masters of Health Policy and Management (MHPM)
Masters of Science in Public Health(MSPH )
MSPH Nutritional Sciences
M. Phil Health Education and Promotion
Masters of Science in Biostatistics & Epidemiology (MSBE)