Most frequently asked question is “How to Get extraordinary Leave”
Few important points:
- There is no time limit of service for EOL; you can take it anytime.
- In EOL, your service is not counted i.e. if you do 5 years of training, then join your Job, your service will be counted when you joined after training. But in deputation, while doing training, your service is also counted.
As per leave rules in all provinces of Pakistan i.e. Punjab, KPK, Sindh, Balochistan and Aj&K:
Extraordinary leave (without pay) may be granted on any ground up to a maximum period of five years at a time, provided that the civil servant to whom such leave is granted, has been in continuous service for a period of not less than ten years, AND In case a civil servant has not completed ten years of continuous service extraordinary leave without pay for a maximum period of two years may be granted at the discretion of the head of his office.
EOL For Postgraduate Training:
If you are a regular Govt. servant and you are doing postgraduate training or going to start PG training; you can apply for EOL anytime irrespective of the length of service. Initially, you will be awarded two years leave and will be extended further.
Follow these simple steps:
- Write an application to secretary health for EOL and get it forwarded from respective CEO / Head of Institute and submit it in the secretariat. (Note: In case you CEO or Head of Institute does not sign the application, don’t worry, you can directly submit in the Secretariat)
- Documents needed:
- Copy of appointment letter/admission letter by your hospitals (MS-MD-MDS-FCPS-M.Phil.-Diploma)
- Your regular posting orders
- Affidavit; That you will join the service after availing EOL. You can get the template from secretary/CEO Office (May be different in each province)
- CPSP RTMC or University Registration (If you are already doing residency)
EOL if for other purposes:
You can avail EOL for any reason by following steps:
- Write an application to the Secretary and get it forwarded from Head of your Institute / CEO.
- Get leave account letter from account office.
- Attach supporting documents (if any)